“The Pandemic Posture Epidemic: 5 Tips for Improving Your Posture While Working Remotely”
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to a digital surge and an increase in neck and back issues caused by extended time in front of computers and phones for Zoom calls, meetings, and events. To combat “pandemic posture,” try these 5 tips:
- Stand up for meetings and take conference calls while walking on a treadmill or outside to keep blood flowing and prevent back tightness.
- Retract your shoulders to counteract the tendency to hunch forward while sitting in front of a computer.
- Stretch your neck for 5-10 minutes in between Zoom sessions to maintain mobility.
- Keep gym clothes handy and incorporate a workout into your day.
- Invest in a tripod to alleviate neck strain from holding your phone.